Thistleton Lodge, set in 16 acres of mature woodland, has everything an elderly person could possibly want to feel at home. Comfortable surroundings, choice over their lifestyle, dedicated care 24 hours a day. Our location between Preston and Blackpool – just 2 miles from Junction 3 on the M55 – puts Thistleton Lodge within easy reach for visitors.
Most members of the management team have been here for many years and loyal service is the key to running a good home. Thistleton Lodge is renowned as a quality care home that is run and influenced by people who care. The home was recently awarded Investors in People status which is an internationally recognised accreditation identifying the home’s commitment to the training and development of staff.
The character of the home has been unaffected by the renovations which were necessary to provide the varied facilities available here at the Lodge. The home has a number of various lounges in each area to ensure a frequent change of scenery or to allow for privacy when friends and relatives wish to visit. Each one of our lounges has been provided with textiles from our friends at Nu Rest Upholstery to help create a relaxing and comfortable environment.
Aims and Objectives
- Choice and support appropriate to their needs
- To be treated at all times with skill care and consideration
- To receive respect and dignity
- Privacy of space, belongings and personal affairs
- Confidentiality in all matters relating to their affairs
- To be involved in, or have an advocate involved in the decision making process
- To enjoy access to community facilities, resources and activities within the home
- Support of a relative or friend at any time also any advocacy and interpreting service as appropriate
- To have control over their personal and financial affairs and where this poses difficulty, adequate support to assist
- Protection from exploitation, discrimination or inappropriate behaviour of any kind
For a more detailed description of our aims and objectives please click the button below
If you or a loved one are looking for accommodation with excellent care services provided, then don’t hesitate to get in touch for a free brochure detailing all of our services and policies. We understand that a move like this can be difficult for both new residents and their families, so we try and make the transition as easy and stress-free as possible.